Monday, October 24, 2011

Catching Up on Life

This is just a list of random thoughts. There's no theme. But it IS brief.

1.        I PROMISE I will continue to share more about India… in case you’ve missed it, all I’ve said so far is there were lots of animals. Trust me, there’s more to it than exotic animals.

2.       I’ve got other things going on. Like school. Working on a project on early childhood obesity.

3.       Shin’s been working hard on his own business (drug screening and background checks).

4.      He’s had several meetings. So far, none have panned out. He also has an interview at the end of the month to be an auditor with the AL Dept. of Public Health. This was a complete surprise. He applied to the state a long time ago. You basically fill out a resume and just send it off into space and they contact you if they’re interested. That was back in the summer and he didn’t think anything about it because he had been applying for LOTS of jobs. So, he has an interview at the end of this week. It would be really great to have a second source of income, but only if that’s where God wants him.

5.       Shin also gave a short presentation to our Korean church about our India trip. Almost everyone at the church supported us financially and it was really great to give them some follow-up on how everything went (other than “it was great!”). It was just 10 minutes, but still. Glad he got to do it.

6.       I also have a short presentation that I get to give at a Bible study in December. I’m pretty excited about it. We get to take our ICS show on the road. My goal is after that, to get to go to at least ONE place per month. (Other churches, Bible studies, youth groups, Sunday school classes, Wednesday night meetings, AWANA meetings, etc).

7.       At work, our office just moved to a different part of town. The new office is just down the street from my house!!! I’m so excited about my much shorter commute. The new office is also bigger and cuter and safer. *sigh* just excited about everything being so fresh and so clean, clean.

8.       This weekend we spent some great time with people from church that we haven’t hung out with much before. We’re having a get together at our house on my birthday (Nov. 12th). It’s not a birthday party, but that’s my gift from Shin that I get to host a partay. I know, I’m weird. But I love hosting and he doesn’t, so it’s a wonderful birthday gift. Anyway, it’s for S.I.N.K.s and D.I.N.K.s (acronym courtesy of my mom) and I’m hoping that we’ll get to spend time with some new “Single Income No Kids” and “Dual Income No Kids” couples/singles.

9.       I’m tutoring 5 (possibly 6) kids per week. I really enjoy tutoring. But I have really cut down my free time. But we do need the money, so I’m really thankful to be able to do it.

10.    I’m done. There is more going on in life and in the world. But I must go back to paying attention in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment