Monday, September 12, 2011

Ten Days Left!

So, we’re at… 63% of our funding goal!!! That’s so stinking, incredibly awesome… We are also 100% immunized. (FYI- I’m stats class. We love percentages!) So, lots of shots. 5 for me, 4 for Shin. TDaP? Yep. Hep A & B? Got it. Polio? For sure! Typhoid? Yeah, and that one definitely causes soreness.

We also leave in 10 days… September 22nd is coming QUICKLY. Does anyone remember when I wrote about our trip being one month away? Well it feels like I wrote that yesterday. But I didn’t. Now we’re 10 days away. It’s a little stressful. We want to freak out a little. At the same time, it feels SUPER far away. Like surreal. Not actually happening. But it is.
AND we have to pack everything in one backpack. One carry-on. 9 days. One carry-on. We DO get to do laundry mid-week. So that’s helpful. But still, tough decisions… I’m not sure Clarence is going to make it. L We’ll see. I’ll keep you all posted on Clarence’s ability to take the trip. He is a perfect size for a pillow.

Lastly, please pray for our church fundraiser. We want people to come and donate because this is probably the last chance we have at raising money for our trip. There’s a spaghetti lunch this Sunday, September 18th at Gateway Baptist Church. Money for the meal is all donations and it all goes to help the support-raising efforts of the team AND the ministries in India that we’re going to visit. My friend, Amanda, and I are trying to pull this lunch together for an expected 150 people. It’s going to be great (we hope!). If anyone who reads this wants to help, please contact me or Amanda ASAP.
Thanks everybody! Keep praying for us and for our the people of India that we will meet soon.

Oh, a specific prayer request? That Shin will have an aisle seat. OR that he will have an inside seat and be miraculously okay with it. The guy is 6’1”… and most of that is legs. He’s a little nervous about the LOOONG international flight. Kay, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment