Sunday, May 20, 2012

What a Sap

So Shin and I have signed up for the free trial month of Netflix. Before it runs out, we're streaming every documentary of anything we have the slightest interest in. When Shin took his Sunday afternoon nap, I settled in with Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey. It's extremely rare for me to watch anything by myself, but I knew he wouldn't want to watch it with me (I was right).

Anyway, I watched Sesame Street and Muppets as a kid, but don't have any huge attachment to Elmo. I don't have any memories of liking Elmo specifically. I was just curious about a behind-the-scenes look at Sesame Street. Nonetheless, the movie made me cry. It was the part when I learned that meeting Elmo is the dying wish of terminally ill children. And Elmo hugs and kisses them and they LOVE it. By the end of the film I had tears AND sniffles.

Sigh. All I can say is that I'm a bigger sap than I realized. And I recommend the film, although it's a little slow at parts.

Movie info: http://beingelmo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment