Monday, May 21, 2012

Two Years

We've been married for two years! We've been together over four years!
Woo hoo! It's been quite wonderful. We didn't make any plans for anything fancy, but we still had a lovely evening together. We enjoyed late night appetizers and drinks (thanks to my friend's inspiring tweet). And now we're wrapping up the evening like most nights: gazing adoringly into our iPhones.

Sidebar- No offense to babies, but my mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother all had babies by my age/stage. I feel like we Jeong's have broken a cycle of bi-decade reproduction. In college I learned that most marriages are much healthier if they enjoy two childless years together before popping out spawn. Now, obviously textbook research is not actually predictive of all real life relationships, but I still feel better knowing we made it two years and we still lurve each other. Here's looking forward to many more committed years of love and marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment