Monday, December 26, 2011

GyeongJu

We've made it to GyeongJu...

We arrived and Shin's BIL picked us up from the airport. We got ALL our luggage (a total of 6 pieces- 4 checked bags and 2 carry-ons). This is a huge praise because I was SURE we would lose some if not all of our luggage somewhere in our 4 flights.

Anyway, he picked us up and we headed from Busan to GyeongJu. We were surrounded by the huge city and surrounding suburbs of Busan- there are gigantic, towering, apartment complexes everywhere. We traveled about 20 minutes and then we stopped at a little cute restaurant/food/convenience store and got some coffee. I drank my cappuccino, we got back in the car, and I fell asleep for the remaining 20 minutes. Shin and his BIL pleasantly chatted the entire time.

We arrived at his parents home and his sister, nephew, and niece were there with his parents. We saw everyone, gave out a few gifts, talked a bit, and then the family left. His dad had to run off to work and Shin's mom, Shin, and I looked through lots of old pictures. I've finally seen my husband as a baby and a kid and he was cuuuuute, and always smiling. Then we went to bed around 1am.

Woke up this morning at about 7am and sorted through all of our stuff to figure out what gifts/food went to which families. Shin's mom made us breakfast. Then gathered things and came to SIL's house to shower. Nephew, SIL, Shin, and I headed out to get Shin a haircut. He looks SO MUCH better. Then SIL, Shin and I ran a TON of errands. We went to public admin office about Shin's ID (he lost old one), we exchanged money and tried to help lost Chinese girls, then went to photographer to get a picture taken for his license, went to lunch, we went to butcher, we went grocery shopping, we went to police station to submit paperwork for ID, we went to public health dept dentist about his chipped tooth, we went to a swanky private dentist office b/c public couldn't fix it. We finally came back to his SIL's house. I'm tired, but overall good. We're now headed back to parent's house and I'm ready to unpack all of our clothes so I can remember everything I packed to wear.

(Picture is of GyeongJu, the freezing cold city we've been driving/walking around ALL day).

1 comment:

  1. Glad y'all made it safely! Whew, no time to be jet lagged, huh? :) Enjoy your stay...can't wait to read/hear more! :)

    ReplyDelete