Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas

First we had a small tree... but I was distraught because I loved it, but I wanted more, but I didn't want to spend money on Christmas, but my house didn't feel holly jolly- it felt like a spurt of cheer sat in the doorway, but I could spend $40/month to sponsor a child's LIFE or $40 this month to fill my house with shtuff, but I wanted more Christmas, but Christmas isn't about things (okay, you get it).

Then God heard the cries of my heart and the next day at work, my wonderful coworker, Robin, was giving her giant tree and some of her decor away!!!
So we were stoked. Super pumped. We went to her amazing home and loaded the Sportage with Christmas. We put up everything (I took the little tree up to my work). Now my house is a holly jolly home.

We were also given free tickets by another wonderful coworker, Michelle, to go see the Living Tree at First Baptist Church. There are 100 people in that tree and they're all singing their little Christmas-ball-shaped heads off. A LOT of work went into this production.

Lastly, Shin found some AMAZING deals on camping stuff so we gave a joint Christmas gift to ourselves. We froze our buns off sleeping outside the other night, but it was good practice for the camping we plan to do in 2012.


Merry Christmas! I hope you notice and give thanks for the Christmas miracles Jesus is working all around you and in your life too!

No comments:

Post a Comment