Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Not Related to India...

So, Shin and I went to Conway this past weekend. We drove 7.5 hours Friday afternoon/evening and then 7.5 hours Sunday afternoon/evening. Somewhere on the way I saw a billboard for Alabama Lifespan Respite Resource Network. I don't really remember what it said, but it caught my attention enough for me to try to google it today. I'm glad to know we have these types of resources in Alabama. This morning I read this article about a Louisiana man who cared for his disabled son and ultimately murdered him, I was horrified. I think SO MANY people are living really hard lives. They need help and they need someone to listen to them and someone to care.

*Just as a note- I don't know anything about Alabama Respite Care other than what their website tells me. I was just amazed that we have this kind of resource and I think it's good- I don't know any specifics of the organization.

Do all states have this type of network? I'm sure some states do it much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment