Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A lot of LEARNING

So, I wasn't planning to take a class this summer. But I'm currently sitting in PUAD 6040 Public and Nonprofit Budgeting. I'm in a Kay Arthur Precepts Upon Precepts Bible study of James. Shin and I started going to John Schneider's Budget class at church. We watched "Waiting for Superman," "IOUSA," and "Inside Job." It's been a lot of learning going on around here. For someone who generally tunes out a lot of the bigger issues because I feel ineffective AND like they don't affect me- I'm seeing why that thought process might be wrong. Could it be that I'm growing up? Taking the world's problems seriously? I hope so. It's a little more stressful and headache prone, but it certainly has better conversations (like I learned what a CDO and a dropout factory are) and I feel like I understand the world I live in a little better. Which means I'm a little closer to understanding God's plans and His role for me in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment