Monday, September 23, 2013

In the Oven

I made some really good Almond Joy cookies and wanted the recipe somewhere I could refer back to. I've included a picture which is the one with the original recipe. My cookies looked nearly the same, but I forgot to take a picture of my own. Yuuuummmm. 
Almond Joy Cookies
(Recipe from a Facebook share)
Preheat oven to 375
2.25 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
.5 tsp salt
.5 cup butter
.75 cup white sugar
.75 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1.5 tsp vanilla
2.5 cup chocolate chips
1 cup sweetened coconut
1 cup chopped almonds

Grease cookie sheet (or put down parchment paper).
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars, beat in eggs one at a time, add vanilla.
Stir in dry ingredients until well mixed. Then stir in chocolate chips, coconut, and almonds. 
Drop by tablespoon on the cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes. 

I got at least 48 cookies out of this. You can certainly half the recipe (I actually halved it from a recipe calling for even larger measurements!).
---
Also, we're doing the thing where we take a picture of me every week. Here's week 9. A grape baby was inside me.
And week 10, with a kumquat baby inside me. 
I don't like the idea of filling this blog with pictures of me, but since I do want a visual record with easy access, I guess this is what I'll be doing. Soon I'm sure it will all be pictures of Baby J and no one will even remember what I looked like before. Anyway, I'm still feeling good (no stomach problems whatsoever), just sleeping a lot more. I haven't gained any weight yet, but it's not due to a lack of delicious cookies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment