Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Quick update

Saturday we spent the day with my SIL in Gyeongju. We ate delicious shabu shabu for dinner. Then Shin and I rang in the new year by doing a ton of dirty dishes at my MIL's house.

Sunday morning we went to church, it was really like American church so all was good. Then Sunday afternoon my other SIL came over with her family. Both SIL's, their fams, MIL, FIL, Shin, and I all went out to eat. It was fun but definitely loud. :-)

On Monday we went to Daegu and ate lunch with our friends from AR/AL, DongHwa and MinJi. DongHwa took us on a hike up a mountain to a Buddhist temple. It was physically and spiritually taxing but good for the body and mind to experience. Then he took us about downtown Daegu on an awesome street food tour. We ate deli manjoo (delicious cream puff), hot dogs, pizza, pretzel, sprite, deokpoki, and odeng. It was all delicious and I don't want to think about the hands that made it.

On Tuesday my SIL came and we took kids and MIL to JaSuJeong, a walking cave (with Chinese acrobatics show), lunch, and then came back home. Shin and I went home with my SIL to Pohang where she bought me clothes and then her hubs took us all out to dinner.

Today is Wednesday and we went with my MIL to the doctor's and he have me some stuff for my knee to heal better. Korean healthcare is SUPER cheap and easy btw. In and out in 20 minutes with no appt. Then grocery shopping with SIL. Now drinking coffee with KyungIl and IlHoon, Shin's friends who came to visit us from Incheon. We took them to lunch and BoMun DanJi and it was freezing so coffee has helped warm our chilled bones. We'll all eat dinner with Shin's sis and then Shin's taking me to the airport tomorrow early morning.

It's been amazing and I hope to post more pics once I'm home (after sleeping a lot). Thank you to everyone who has been praying for us. I'm going to need it on the looong trip home!

No comments:

Post a Comment