Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Oh Em Gardening

Okay, I love GARDENING. I’ve been gardening some. And tending to plants and such.


My potato plants all died. I think gardening might be addictive. I had kind of given up on it when my plants started dying, but once I got to eat my own potatoes- I fell back in love with it. All potatoes pictured have been eaten. They were delicious and I wish I had a bunch more.
 I want to expand my garden next year. I don’t love the mosquitoes but I do love it when I get to yank all the weeds out of the ground (I know, weird, right?) and see my fluffy asparagus growing and my onions flourishing. I wish my garlic had worked (planted garlic but they didn’t grow… at all!). I think next year I’ll try tomatoes and garlic again and maaaaybe carrots. If I do carrots I’ll need to do a little better about my rows and organize better (right now everything’s just stabbed in the ground in regions).


All plants pictured are still alive… I really only needed to post one picture. But I’m just excited about them. Does anyone have any idea what the plants are on the front row on the respective ends? My grandma says they are weeds! (Which might explain why they’re doing so well.) But they have hard bases that they’re growing from, not like a weed that you can just pull out of the ground. They were included in the dirt that came with my asparagus plants so they could be weeds but I really hope they’re actual planty-plants. I also have three other plants that are not pictured (along with my whole garden).

1 comment:

  1. :) Can't you plant anything berry like? StrawBERRY, RaspBERRY, BlackBERRY?

    ReplyDelete